In San Diego on November 18th the Matadors beat the Norse, 69-58.
Cal State Northridge was able to overwhelm Northern Kentucky in free throw shooting and also win the battle in three-point shooting.
The Matadors collected 22 points from free throws compared to four for the Norse. Cal State Northridge sealed it shooting 41% from three-point range compared to 25% for Northern Kentucky.
Josh Greene and Stephan Hicks put on a clinic for the Norse, with 14 points apiece. Hicks also led everyone with 10 rebounds.
The Matadors are now 6-0 in the early going.
Up next the Matadors face Brigham Young on the road on November 24th.
Cal State Northridge Game Notes:
- This game was statistically over in the 2nd half with 1:19 left to go.
- The win over Northern Kentucky extended the Cal State Northridge winning streak to 6 games.
- Stephan Hicks has led the team in rebounding in 4 out of 6 games this season.
- CSUN beat the spread by 2.0 points. That makes the 6th time this season the Matadors have beat the spread.
- Josh Greene has 4 straight double-digit point games.
Northern Kentucky Game Notes:
- Eshaunte Jones has led the team in scoring 3 times in 4 games this season.
- Northern Kentucky lost and did not cover the spread.
- This marks the 2nd 20-point game of Eshaunte Jones's career.
- The top two rebounders (Ethan Faulkner and Ernest Watson) accounted for 42.1% of the rebounds.
- Eshaunte Jones set a career high with 24 points and 10 field goals made.
Check out the complete Games Notes
Tags: Josh Greene
, Stephan Hicks