Cal State Northridge outshot San Diego Christian 53%-32% and won big against the Hawks 93-63 on Tuesday, December 18th. Everything went right for Cal State Northridge in this one, as they led 51-32 at the half and didn't let up in the second half. Brandon Perry had a big game for the Matadors and got a season-high 22 points and three rebounds. Trevone Williams had a season-high 13 points and added six rebounds. For the Hawks, Patrick McBride finished with a season-high 15 points, including 5-of-5 shooting from three-point range. Cal State Northridge (8-3, 0-0 Big West) gets Utah (6-3, 0-0 Pac 12) on the road on Friday, December 21st.
Cal State Northridge Game Notes:
- Brandon Perry recorded a team season high in blocks with 5.
- The Matadors set a season high for blocks.
- This game was statistically over in the 2nd half with 7:18 left to go.
- This season Cal State Northridge has won 77% of the time (7-2) when Stephan Hicks has 14 points or more and 100% of the time (5-0) when Josh Greene has 5 assists or more.
- Cal State Northridge started 8-3 during the 2007 and 1999 seasons (since 1996).
San Diego Christian Game Notes:
- Kevin Dawson has led the team in scoring 3 times in 8 games this season.
- The top two scorers (Kevin Dawson and Patrick McBride) accounted for 52.3% of the points.
- The bench recorded more rebounds (14) than the starters (13).
- This was the 8th blowout loss this season (a loss by 20 or more points). Over the past 5 seasons, SDCC has been on the losing end of 12 blowout games.
- This was the 1st foul out of the season for Jacob Garcia.
Check out the complete Game Notes.