On November 15th on the road, the Matadors edged the Toreros, 74-71.
Stephan Hicks was the leading scorer for the Matadors with 25 points in 33 minutes. Tre Hale-Edmerson had a game-high 11 rebounds to lend a hand in the victory.
The experts didn't pick the Matadors in this game, but they were proved wrong.
Cal State Northridge was able to overpower San Diego in rebounding and free throw shooting.
Rebounding was a big part of the win for Cal State Northridge, as they pulled down 40 boards compared to only 24 for San Diego. The Matadors had a better game at the charity stripe, with 22 points off foul shooting compared to 10 for the Toreros.
All in all, this was a good early win for Cal State Northridge. If it is looking to outperform preseason expectations, this game is a good start. This brings the Matadors up to 3-0.
The next game on the schedule is Siena on November 16th.
Cal State Northridge Game Notes:
- Stephen Maxwell has 3 straight double-digit point games.
- Stephan Hicks accounted for 33.7% of the team's points.
- CSUN beat the spread by 9.0 points. That makes the 3rd time this season the Matadors have beat the spread.
- The top two rebounders (Tre Hale-Edmerson and Stephan Hicks) accounted for 47.5% of the rebounds.
- The last time CSUN started the season 3-0 was 2007.
San Diego Game Notes:
- San Diego lost and did not cover the spread.
- The top two scorers (Johnny Dee and Christopher Anderson) accounted for 43.6% of the points.
- Christopher Anderson set a career high with 7 field goals made.
- The top two rebounders (Christopher Anderson and Jito Kok) accounted for 41.6% of the rebounds.
Check out the complete Games Notes
Tags: Stephan Hicks
, Tre Hale-Edmerson